Join Our Team
Assistant Group Supervisor
Centro Nueva Creación (Centro) is looking for an exceptional Assistant Group Supervisor who is energetic, creative, and who cares for the education of youth in grades K through 5.
The Assistant Group Supervisor (AGS) reports to the Executive Director (ED), Maribel Lozada Arzuaga. The AGS works with the rest of the staff to design and implement educational group learning sessions based on the arts, Latino cultures, and STEM. This is a part-time, 25-hour a week position. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic this is a mostly virtual position and lessons will be carried out online, but we expect to transition to in-person lessons or a hybrid model in the future.
The Assistant Group Supervisor will:
- Design and implement quality and engaging activities that support Centro's mission.
- Conduct research and prepare lessons for our learning groups that are education as well as entertaining.
- Prepare lessons and activities that are organized, hands-on, and developmentally appropriate.
- Make sure that each activity is accompanied by a written plan. This plan must be revised by the ED. Lesson planning worksheets must be completed regularly.
- Maintain a binder of all plans and written lessons. All forms and supporting materials (e.g. examples of student work, lesson plans, etc.) must be meticulously organized and submitted according to our deadlines.
- Start virtual lessons on time.
- Ensure that all supplies and materials are available and ready for the activity prior to the start of the activity. If additional supplies or materials are needed for an activity, the AGS must make plans to acquire them.
- Assist students with their homework, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays or when necessary.
- Ensure a positive, non-judgmental educational environment.
- Supervise students and enforce safety rules.
- Intervene when children may injure themselves and follow safety protocols.
- Maintain files, supplies, and materials in order.
- Attend biweekly meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ED or the Office Coordinator.
- A minimum of a high school diploma/G.E.D. is required and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field. If only 15 credit hours have been acquired, one year of experience with children is required. If no credit hours have been acquired, then two years of experience with children are required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Based Learning is preferred.
- A value for arts education and Latino cultures is required.
- Must be team-oriented, organized, flexible, creative, a self-starter, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Display a positive and energetic presence to the children.
Centro is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Please send resume, letter of interest, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org